Sunday, February 15, 2009

USA on Presidents Day

I love to say it, "I am a citizen of the United States of America." I also get choked up whenever I sing or hear our national anthem.

Yes , I am proud to be an American, I love the stars and stripes, the fourth of July and red, white and blue. I also appreciate all those who are and who have served our country to allow it to be the land of the free and home of the brave. (I do not purport to be an expert on American history, just a patriotic American)

I also am deeply moved when I look back upon its' great history, great men some of whom became our President and the Christian principles this wonderful nation is founded on.

In 1620 some very brave people made a long, arduous journey to seek freedom from tyranny and live to promote Christianity and Gods glory. This trend continued and as any good student of American history knows it took bravery, sacrifices and dedication to bring us to where we are today.

This country was founded on the rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Below are just a few excerpts from great documents, some quotes from our founding fathers and links for your further edification.

The Mayflower Compact-

"In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are under-written, the loyal subjects of our dread sovereign Lord, King James, by the grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland King, Defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith"...


Declaration of Independence~

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...

Here is a link to the Declaration of Independence:

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm



Our first three Presidents-

*George Washington "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."


*John Adams…"I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and the attributes of God.”
[June 28, 1813; Letter to Thomas Jefferson]


*Thomas Jefferson-“God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.” [Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781]


I recommend this website for more information www.eadshome.com


I hope to encourage the patriotism and enthusiasm this country was founded on . May I remind you that the United States is the finest, free-ist, most wonderful country in the world.
Let's cover it in prayer as we look forward to our future.

2Ch 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home