Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Luke warm and weak....

I just purchased a new coffee maker that is supposed to reproduce expert coffee shop results.Expecting a rich "cup of joe" I was very disappointed in the lukewarm, weak cup of coffee it made. Yuck, I thought as I took a sip. No wonder Jesus says Rev 3:15 "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other! Rev 3:16 But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth! Luk 11:23 "Anyone who isn't helping me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me. Our walk with the Lord can get weak and watered down too.
The Apostle Paul tells us 2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves [as to] whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. This is a something we must do daily. Jesus tells the rich man to take up the cross, and follow Me." Mar. 10:21b
This world constantly bombards us with distractions. Remember, it's all, according to Ecclesiastes vanity or Ecc 1:2 "Everything is meaningless," says the Teacher, "utterly meaningless!" (NLT) I recommend further reading of this book.
So stay close to Jesus today. Talk to Him (pray), read your Bible. Maybe put on some good Praise music. In any relationship, the more time we spend with the person the closer we are.
I am definitely returning my new coffee maker. Who needs lukewarm coffee or a weak walk with the Saviour? Let's be strong and on fire for Jesus. AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home