Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Does God hear everyones prayers?

I was forwarded a video clip of Rick Warren giving the prayer at the Presidents Inaugural. He is a man of God and it was great to hear him honor Jesus in that prayer.

But does God hear everyones prayers? In this politically correct society we'd like to think so. However, that is not what it says in the Word of God.

Most recently an old friend,(whom I have been witnessing to and has a hard heart toward things of God), told me he would pray for me after I had a minor accident.

Although that sounded very nice, I know him well enough to tell him, "Don't bother, God won't hear your prayer, unless it is a prayer where you are crying out for salvation."

After telling this story I received a rather shocked look from my ladies Bible study group. So I thought I would do some research to back this statement up with Scripture.

Please Christ followers- I urge you to read these Scriptures. My hope and prayer is that it will help you feel compelled to share your faith with the lost!

*Jhn 9:31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

*This is taken from the scene with the humble beggar who was brought before the religious leaders of his nation after being healed of his blindness from birth by Jesus. Please read on...

Job 27:8-9 For what hope do the godless have when God cuts them off and takes away their life? Will God listen to their cry when trouble comes upon them?

Job 35:12 There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men

Job 42:8 Now take seven young bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and offer a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer on your behalf. I will not treat you as you deserve, for you have not been right in what you said about me, as my servant Job was."

Psa 18:41 They called for help, but no one came to rescue them. They cried to the LORD, but he refused to answer them.

Psa 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Psa 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.

Pro 1:28 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.

Job 27:8-9 For what hope do the godless have when God cuts them off and takes away their life? Will God listen to their cry when trouble comes upon them?

Job 35:12 There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men

Job 42:8 Now take seven young bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and offer a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer on your behalf. I will not treat you as you deserve, for you have not been right in what you said about me, as my servant Job was."

Psa 18:41 They called for help, but no one came to rescue them. They cried to the LORD, but he refused to answer them.

Psa 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Psa 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.

Pro 1:28-29 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me. Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD,

Pro 15:29 The LORD [is] far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.

Pro 28:9 If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable. NIV

Isa 1:15 When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood. NKJ

Jer 11:11 Therefore thus says the LORD: "Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will not listen to them. NKJ

Jer 14:12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague." NIV

Eze 8:18 Therefore I also will act in fury. My eye will not spare nor will I have pity; and though they cry in My ears with a loud voice, I will not hear them. NKJ

Mic 3:4 Then they will cry to the LORD, But He will not hear them; He will even hide His face from them at that time, Because they have been evil in their deeds. NKJ

Zec 7:13 Therefore it happened, [that] just as He proclaimed and they would not hear, so they called out and I would not listen," says the LORD of hosts. NKJ

Remember, you are only required to be faithful. As Peter tells us 1Pe 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

But the good news is...

Isa 30:18,19 But the LORD still waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for him to help them. O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. He will be gracious if you ask for help. He will respond instantly to the sound of your cries.

Don't miss an opportunity to tell someone the Gospel! Their eternal life depends on it.~

God bless you,
Darlene

4 Comments:

At 2:49 AM , Blogger King Melchizedek said...

THAT WAS GOOD - MELCHIZEDEK

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger King Melchizedek said...

I AM GOING TO BE SPEAKING AT A GLOBAL DAY OF PRAYER EVENT TONIGHT AND YOUR INSIGHTS WERE HELPFUL - MELCHIZEDEK

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great post

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Way to stay faithful to the Scripture and not shy away from this seemingly harsh reality

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home