Friday, March 20, 2009

There is ONE way to God-Jesus said, "I am the Way..."

An old friend wrote to me the other day. She had gotten an invite to join a Christian support group I started. She wrote. "You have made a mistake, I am not a Christian, but have found a way I am comfortable with spiritually...."

I am deeply saddened and am writing this blog in hopes that I reach her and my many other friends that do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior, Lord and friend. I want to be absolutely certain they have received a true presentation of the Gospel (Good News) . I beg you, this one favor. Please read to the end of this message my friend. Here it is...


How to Know God

1. Realize that you are a sinner.
No matter how good a life we try to live, we still fall miserably short of being a good person. That is because we are all sinners. We all fall short of God’s desire for us to be holy. The Bible says, “No one is good—not even one” (Romans 3:10 NLT). This is because we can not become who we are supposed to be without Jesus Christ.

2. Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.
The Bible tells us, “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while were still sinners” (Romans 5:8 NLT). This is the Good News, that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die in our place when we least deserved it.

3. Repent of your sin.
The Bible tells us to “repent and be converted” (Acts 3:19 NKJV). The word repent means to change our direction in life. Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him.

4. Receive Jesus Christ into your life.
Becoming a Christian is not merely believing some creed or going to church on Sunday. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life and heart. Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your life) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in . . . .” (Revelation 3:20 NKJV).

If you would like to have a relationship with Christ, simply pray this prayer and mean it in your heart.

Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess you as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

If you just prayed that prayer and meant it, Jesus Christ has now taken residence in your heart! Your decision to follow Christ means God has forgiven you and that you will spend eternity in heaven. The Bible tells us, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 NKJV).

To put your faith in action, be sure to spend time with God by reading your Bible, praying, going to church, and telling others about Christ. Check out Calvary Chapel.org, put in your zip code and find your local church, call and ask to speak with one of their pastors about your new life in Christ.



Recently I was asked why I never seem to waiver in my faith in God. That is not entirely the case. I am just like other Christians, with their occasional doubts and struggles in their faith. I am only a sinner who is forgiven much and certainly not perfect.

But here is why I stay so true to Christ... Where else can I go? As the Apostle Peter stated when asked this question by Jesus.
John 6:67-69 (NKJ)

67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12


The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.


Now my friend, you have been given a clear presentation of the Good News.

You must decide.

What will you do with this information? What will you do with Jesus?

You are now accountable for this most precious truth on the day of judgement after your last breath.


I implore you to open your heart and invite in the God who loves you, created you and gave you your life's breath. Before it is too late!

Do not believe the lies of
Buddha or Mohammad, they are all still in the grave or your own creation of a god (or being "spiritual", Satan is "spiritual") that does not exist.

“They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator” (Romans 1:25), and “since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – His eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20)



I will end with a story I recently heard...

The King had a favorite court jester that he wanted to set free. He needed justification for doing so. The King called in the Jester and said," I am going to give you my royal scepter. I want you to go to and fro through out the kingdom. When you find someone more foolish than your self, give them My scepter and you will be free. You'll be a free man."

As the story goes, the jester went to and fro through out the land for many years, all over the Kingdom. He could not find anyone more foolish then himself. (An honest jester) One day the King became sick and his doctor said he would not recover. The King really liked this jester so he called him to his bedside to say Goodbye to him.

The jester came and said, "What is it my king." The King replied, " I am going to go on a long journey." The jester asked, "Do you know where are you going." The king said, " No I do not." The jester asked, " Have you made any preparations for the journey."The king said "No I haven't." So the jester took the royal scepter and gave it back to the king.

What is more foolish than a man who is going on a journey and has not made preparations for it?

What a tragedy! How foolish to go forward without God!


My love and prayers,
Darlene





All Content Copyright © 2009 Darlene Taylor. All Rights Reserved. Copying, forwarding or reproducing this blog in any way without the express written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. Permission may be obtained by writing the author. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Amen, amen, truly I sayeth unto thee, lookit <2 Timothy 4:3-4> May God Almighty flagrantly bless you, girl, and may the Son always shed His Light on yoo till yoo make the Ascending Staircase. tok2me Upstairs. I love to cuddle, too, with a beautiful girl. Be at peace. Be at peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home