Friday, March 13, 2009

Red light, green light...

I am the first one to say, I don't believe in friendship evangelism, it isn't friendship and it isn't evangelism. But yesterday I did not openly witness to 3 people in the grocery store that I know needed the Gospel. One Mormon, one "spiritual" and one Jehovah's Witness all in the same store!



Do you remember the game "red light green light" from when you were a kid? You would try to run to the other side but had to stop when they said red light or you were OUT. Well, I believe it is the same way we are led by the Holy Spirit. We pray for opportunities and the Holy Spirit leads us, says green light to some situations and STOP red light to others. He is giving us discernment.



Yes I know full well that this false "Elder yada yada," proudly wearing his plastic name tag on his shirt, the little old lady in the funny hat with the little terrier dog (yes real dog) sticking out of her shirt driving the motorized scooter, AND the check out girl telling me about visiting her grandma near Kingdom Hall ALL need true salvation. But I had a "check" in my spirit each time as I spoke to one of them . I prayed, "God open a door for me to share with them." None came.



The Mormon fellow actual had a palpable grey darkness around him. We talked about onions and London broil , but all I could say as he walked away way was "God bless you" to which he mumbled something back. The lady on the scooter, I even prayed for her to rectify the landscaper troubles she had. She said," I would really like to get together with you sometime." When I invited her to church she told be she was "spiritual" already, not interested in church. I gave her my business card. Then while checking out my groceries, I told the Jehovahs' Witness employee I would pray for her trip, as she described her grandma's recent health struggles.



I'm not going to kid you, it bugged me. I walked out of there praying for their salvation. yet stumped, why didn't I speak up? What's wrong with me? "Cat, got your tongue girl?" I thought to myself. "Since when are you shy about sharing your faith?"



Then I came home and wept for them.



I told my husband that I was mad at myself for not at least giving them a tract. He reminded me of something very important. There is a "time for everything" Solomon tell us. We are not to throw "pearls to swine" and we are to be prompted by the Holy Spirit in all we think, say and do. Jesus reached people in many ways, on many levels. Sometimes he spoke and sometimes he acted out his love by healing, touching , loving.



We are seed sowers. All good gardeners know the ground must be prepared before sowing seed. Maybe I was just their "latter" or spring rains. You know the kind that hit the frozen earth and didn't get down very deep until later, when the Son warms the soil? Don't fret dear brother or sister in Christ. Simply continue to be faithful. God just places us at different points at different times, from tilling to harvest.


John 4:36,37

36 And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. 37 For in this the saying is true: ‘One sows and another reaps.’






Joel 2:23-25 (NKJ)
23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the LORD your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. 24 The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil. 25 “ So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten...



Lord bless you as you sow~


Love, Darlene




All Content Copyright © 2009 Darlene Taylor. All Rights Reserved. Copying, forwarding or reproducing this blog in any way without the express written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. Permission may be obtained by writing the author. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your blog Darlene. Did you ever live in La Verne, CA? I'm looking for my childhood friend who lived next door to me.

God bless you and yours,
Sheri (Rees)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home